Thursday, March 06, 2008

Get Moving! Day 4

It's a normal day. The snowstorm is gone (for now), the buses are running fine as usual and the subway stops for "delays" as usual. I got to the gym the usual time and did my routine. The same 4-5 others were there...we are starting to nod and say 'good morning' to each other. I guess I'm getting used to it now. I really do hope that this can be part of the routine that I don't feel I'm doing anything special.. I guess this is the only way it can be sustainable. I am still not used to getting off work later though..the day seems to be so long...I guess it's especially true on Thursday since I also have choir at night....Thursdays seems to be soooo long. Ha, I guess that justifies a coffee! =)

Today I did my 15 minutes on the tread, 6% incline, 3.2 speed = .8 mile. I also did my complete weight routine as Gillian has on the plan. The shoulder press is the most difficult...it really hurts!

There are about 10 showers in the changeroom. I had been trying out a different 'stall' each day..and today, I found 'the one'... the one that has the best shower head so far (in terms of water pressure and *direction*)... Haha...of course, today is only my 4th day....so maybe, it's not the **best** of the **best**..but it sure did gave me a refreshing start. (Don't laugh at me...it does makes a different eh! Ever tried a shower that only gives you some dripping drops in a direction that you have to twist your body against the wall to get to the water? I'm sure you know what I mean!)

I also came across an interesting website today: http://www.my-calorie-counter.com/ . It can be used to keep track of both what you eat & exercise...with alot of interesting graphs....I will try to play around with it more when I have time.

Mom's reporting a bp of 135 today...a very good improvement. Thank God! But her comments are making me worry. She keeps on telling us not to worry, she is fine. I hope she won't be hiding anything from us because she doesn't want to us to worry.. .Maybe we shouldn't ask her too much so she doesn't feel any pressure. Keep praying.

Tired tired.... time for bed. Praying for a peaceful & quality sleep.

No comments: