Thursday, August 11, 2011

Oh Sugar!

Baby & I reached Week 28 today. Oh sugar, how much do I miss my sugar! My cake, my fries, my juices....oh Sugar!



I had been extra extra good this past week, counting every carb I ate and keeping a distance from ANY sugar (other than those that are already in savory dishes which I can't avoid..).



Did my second glucose test today. This morning I let dad poked my finger before we left, just to get a reading on empty stomach to see how I am doing. The home test read 4.5, which apparently should be a pretty low score. I guess we are seeing good results from my strict diet of the past week.



Now we will have to wait for the lab test results to see how well my body torlerated that glucose drink through the 2 hour test. Took 3 blood samples, one before, one at one hour mark, another one at the two hour mark; Thank God I had pretty good nurses so it wasn't too much pain. The waiting was the harder part...sleepy, bored and hungry! But overall, not a too bad experience.



Praying hard that I will pass this time!



No worry Sugar Bunny, mommy is trying hard to keep you healthy and God is watching over us!



p.s. Yesterday morning the name Obe came back to my mind. Recall this was a baby name hubby had in his dream years back. It was a baby girl in his dream. I wonder if sugar bunny is a girl indeed. But if you look it up, Obe is actually a boy's name, with the great meaning of "God's Servant". Well, my little bunny, maybe we should start calling you: Obe Bunny! :)

No comments: