Thursday, August 04, 2011

My Sugar Level is HIGH!!

91 days to go and today I got a call from the doctor's office: I didn't pass my glucose test, my sugar level is high at 10.4 when it should be at 7.8 max!

Frantically in disbelief...although I really shouldn't be surprised ~ from all the sweet-tooth I have been indulging...but still! ME? Possibly with Gestational Diabetes? My bunny may be at risk? NO WAY!

All afternoon I can't help but to google everything under the sun regarding Gestational Diabetes...Information = power? Yes & no! I know I need to pray, and I know I need to be discipline from now on! At least for 91 more days if God allows me a full-term baby! I can't help but to think how jK need to have the baby earlier because she has become too big too early! I want my bunny to stay small and healthy!!!!

Got around this article that really spoke to me about my emotions: Anger, Guilt, Depression, Sadness, Disbelief, Fear and Acceptance. Where am I? A little bit of all I guess! What do I do now?!?!?!? OK, recap recap:



** Key is to not wallow in anger for very long. Treatment must begin immediately. Overwhelming emotions generally compound the problem.



** Guilt comes from feeling like the body that is supposed to insulate this wee babe has become a traitor. Naturally, mom will likely lay awake at night wondering if the diagnosis might have been different, if she did/did not do something along the way.


** A mom CANNOT AFFORD to go home and bury her head under the covers and cry for weeks. The unborn baby is counting on mom to take action and do what is necessary to keep herself healthy, so she can provide what is necessary for the child to become strong, regardless of the special circumstances.


** Disbelief is natural. But, denial will only compound the negative health issues for mom and baby


** Acceptance does not mean they have to like it. But, knowledge is power to take control and fight for the health of that precious son or daughter.

Ok my hunny bunny! God is here, Mommy is here, Daddy is here, GorGor is here! No worries! We will fight this battle WELL and you will be just as sweet as God wants you to be, but not TOO sweet!

No comments: