Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Growing


Today I took BBV for his 15-month check up + shots at the doctor. Every time I go for these check ups it feels like I'm going there for a report card…to see how much my baby weights and how tall he is…to see how he measures 'against the chart'.


It's a funny feeling. Part of me knows it's not up to me how much he grows….whether his height meets a certain percentile…but part of me feels that if I had taken good care of him, he should be well fed and *exercised*, then he should be "on the chart" and meet all developmental benchmarks…..I know these are silly thoughts…but don't all moms feel that way? I don’t' know.. Maybe it's just me.

Blueberry knows sooooo much now….It's amazing what's going on in that little brain! He can't even really talk yet! But somehow you can start to see 'logic' in things that he do. His actions are more than just "random acts" nowadays….you can talk to him and know that he does sort of understands…


It's such a privilege to see him grow and develop. Life is a miracle. It feels like only yesterday when he was just the size of a Blueberry!


Oh my Blueberry! Oh my BBV! I wanna bite you! :D

No comments: