Saturday, June 24, 2006

Our June Getaway

It has been over a week since we came back from our little getaway...I had been so busy catching up on sleep and recovering from my cold that I haven't had a chance to put my thoughts togehter for it...now, where do I start...

Day 1 - June 10th
Eventually we didn't get to Collingwood until way past 7pm. On the way we dropped by jM's new model home site...it is NICE... Congrats girl, feel happy for you! Can't wait for you to move in to see the 'real thing'!!

Day 2 - June 11th
Our first stop was Sunday worship at the First Baptist Church. It was a very old church with about 50 people, mostly eldery. We felt so welcomed there, everyone was so nice. They give out little handmade welcome kit, so sweet! The pastor talked about their challenges as first churches in a quiet old town. I was touched that they maintained a "children's story time" during worship eventhough there were only 3 kids in the church. A lady shared a story about a sister who recently passed away, I could really feel the bond they have, they must have spent most of their lives together...the atmosphere is just so different in a little town like this.

The day was COLD and I was with my long winter coat when we got upto Blue Mountain. I thought I must be CRAZY with my coat but goooshhh.. you really needed it, it was soooooooooo windy! It's funny to visit BM when it's green. The place have been totally reworked by Interwest, which we don't really like. It's nice but it's just toooooo similar to Mont.Tremblant la.. such cookie-cutter!

We drove up to BM and the views are so nice...Moutains and greens and...well, a drive through the hills that all guys enjoy! >_< Day 3 - June 12th
We were almost home! haha... we were crazy enough to drive back down to spend a day at Wonderland. It was nice...we always wanted to go on a weekday where there's minimal line-up!

Day 4-5 - June 13 & 14th
This is it!! Our plan for Lkc! They were camping at Algonquin since the friday before. Meanwhile, M&T arrived TO on Monday and our plan is to surprise Lkc by showing up at Algonquin to give her a birthday surprise!!!

bF took Lkc for a hike to keep her out of the campsite. We met up with M&T at the park office and drove into their site, hide their car at another campsite and set up the balloons & our tent before they came back. Our plan worked!!!

It's soooooooo nice to spend some times with them! It was m's first camping expereince and we had a BLAST! We did a trail in the afternoon, canoe, then BBQ & chat at the campfire. It's really our first good chat with the 3 couples together, campfire is always nice to getting to know each other. It was not until 1am that we turn into our tents.

Almost everyone were sick the next morning, along with tons of insect bites....yyyeeeekkkkkkk!! "Lim-Chee-Um", "Cold&Flu Liquid Capsules" + "Mo-Bay-Dic"(a superb afterbite med) were part of the breakfast buffet! Blame it on the cold weather, or blame it on M, or bF who attracted all the bugs...hehe.. just joking..

Thanks guys for allowing us to have some girls-only time. The girls just gotta catch up, it's not everyday that we get to be together like this!!



En-route home we stopped by Webers for the BEST hamburgers! Thanks m for introducing us there!!! Too bad bF's sore-throat was so bad he couldn't enjoy the yummy fries...next time!!

Day 6 - June 15
I still can't believe I slept the whole DAY!! Felt such a waste!! But my body really needed it. I was sooooooo drug-out with the cold & cough. Felt so bad to have left hubby alone...He said it gave him a good day to watch the world cup and video games.....I hope he really did enjoy the day in.

Day 7 - June 16
We got back to TO today. Rented AV equipment for a wedding on Saturday, along with a visit to Dr.Chu's office. Enjoyed a nice 'bor-law yau' afternoon tea before picking up my prescription....hey....is that home? Is that the end of our vacation? NO WAY!

The rest of the weeknd (& the following week) was spent inbetween 2 weddings and me sleeping endless hours with my cold...



I'm ready for another vacation. NOW!!

No comments: