Tuesday, June 06, 2006

De-bugged

Irritations dot our lives.

When we encounter them, we often say we're 'bugged'. What happens? Our negative emtions steal our rest -- physical, emotional and spiritual.

In his book A Shepherd Looks at Psalm 23, Philip Keller says that sheep react to irritants in a similar way. Being 'bugged' by flies or parasites makes rest nearly impossible for them. Their helpless state causes them to be "up on their feet, stamping their legs, shaking their heads, ready to rush off into the bush for relief form the pests."

Sounds familiar?

Just as a diligent shepherd recognizes his sheep's discomfort and rushes to their rescue, so God, our Shepherd, sees our plight. We can admit our helplessness to resolve the problems and know that our Shepherd will apply the soothing reality of His presence in us so we can lie down and rest.

---- excerpt from 10-Minute Time Outs for Busy Women by Grace Fox


I really miss my long deep sleeps...Hubby says I have been pretty restless in my sleep. I can feel it myself too coz I feel so restless during the day! Sometimes I can't even pin-point what exactly is irritating me! Dad jokes I have 渴睡症...sometimes it does feel like it!

I don't know, but HE knows!

"I will lie down and sleep in peace, for you alone O Lord, make me dwell in safety" (Psalm 4:8).

Thank you Father, for knowing how to free me from irritations. Help me rest in the knowlege of Your presence in me.

No comments: