Thursday, June 01, 2006

10-Minute Time Outs for Busy Women

I saw this book at the Bible Factory when we were visiting Birch Run last week.
"Can I buy this book?" I asked hubby, knowing that we still have a dozen unread books at home and we agreed we won't buy any more books until we finished them. (but hey!! how realistic is that?!?)

"Will you really read?" he asked.

"Yes!"

"Promise you will pause and take 10 mintues to read at lunch at least, okie?"
---------
So here I am, at lunch today, starting to read ...

"Ten days before I completed this manuscript, my cousin's wife, Tracey, passed away after battling cancer for nearly three years. She was 36 years old, the mother of two, a beautiful and fun-loving hair stylist.

Tracey's illness created within her an intense hunger to know God more intimately. Several months before her death, she took a month off work to rest her weary body, read the Bible, meditate, and pray. Her priorities changed. She wanted friends and family to know that work and life's busyness weren't important anymore. She discovered what mattered most: friendship with God and fellowhsip with others.

I dedicate this book to Tracey's legacy. May her passion for the Lord challenge and encourage us. And in the midst of our busy lives, may we, as Tracey did, make time for what matter most."
--- foreword, 10-Minutes TIme Outs for Busy Women, by Grace Fox

I pray to my Lord that we learn to make time for what matter most NOW! -- when we are still well and can still jump around to do crazy things with those we love; and most important, to build that fellowship with Christ.

No comments: