Friday, February 29, 2008

Get Moving! Fitness Program Demo

Popped into the gym at 8:15 today for my Fitness Program Demo.

Gillian first went over the results from my assessment with me:

My BMI is way over for my height, although she says BMI is not an ideal index to use...well, it's an index and it's showing me over! Doesn't bother me much, I knew I need to knock some ponds off anyways, no surprise....I guess it's even a good thing to know, reinforces the motivation. Other % and indexes are fine. Muscle strength and endurance (from those push-ups and mini-curls)? I'm way below average for my gender & age...HA! No surprise there neither la! She insist I'm TINY. Looking around the gym~yea, but I know better la. =p

Onto the program demo. Gooshh, she is expecting me to be there 4 times a week! Now that's ambitious eh! But let's see how it goes. Here's a summary of the plan:

1. Begin with a 5-7 mins warm up, to get heart rate at 60%
2. Stretch large muscle group (hold each stretch for 15-30 seconds)
3. The Routine:
Day 1 -- 30 minutes walking with incline 6
Day 2 -- 15 minutes walking with incline 6 + weight routine
Day 3 -- 30 minutes walking with incline 6
Day 4 -- 15 minutes walking with incline 6 + weight routine
4. Cool down for 7-10 mins, then stretch

The weight routine? It's 8 exercise with: 2 sets each of 12 reps: Lat.pull down, Seated row, Shoulder Press, Triceps Extension, Bicep Curl, 2 sets each of 15 reps: Squats, Lunges and 2 sets each of 30 seconds: Front Plank.

She went through each exercise with me for 1 set..and gooshh, I'm tired enough! Am I really going to last 2 sets? I know I'm going to hurt tomorrow!

She also taught me how to take my heart rate: During exercise, count for 10 seconds, then multiply by 6. When resting, count for 15 seconds and multiply by 4. (okie-dokie, whatever this means....)

The goal of the program is to increase strength and decrease weight. We are now 223 days away from Egypt and 70 days from daBall's wedding. Let's see how it goes!

btw, hubby & pL have signed up as sponsors of incentive awards for every 1 month increments! (with a very fair 可加可減制) hahaha...anyone else wanna offer me anything?

No comments: