Thursday, February 28, 2008

Get Moving! Fitness Assessment

I'm back at the gym. This would be my second try. The last time was maybe 3 years ago...didn't last very long before I gave up.


After my two ski trips this month, and as we officially confirm our Grand Trip...I have to admit, some training is REQUIRED if I were to last the 16 backpacking days at the desert & mountains of Great Egypt. And of course, some work is NECESSARY if I want to fit into that dress I brought for Ada's wedding, which, is only 71 days away.


Getting on the tread at home would be zero hassle and zero cost, but..it's not working! It has been my new year resolution but by the time I get home each day I'm soooo tired and I just get "magnet ed" to the bed for an afternoon nap. We are at the end of Feb and I've been on the tread....ONCE. So, I've decided to spend the $100 from my extra pay this month on the 6-months membership (which is a great deal with all the facilities, the trainer and classes, etc!)


And so, I'm at the gym again. Gillian was most helpful and went through a fitness assessment for me. Of course, in the eyes of Canadian I'm considered TINY and FIT (HA!). Heart rate and blood pressure are perfect to the T, I could do 7 push ups and 17 semi-crunches in a roll, plus walked 1.1 miles in 17 minutes. That's considered "excellent". Well, very generous and encouraging of her.


But I know very well how much I've gained since October (when I brought that dress that I don't fit in anymore...what am I going to wear for her wedding?) and how un-fit I am when I'm at the ski hill. I know very well how often I'm getting sick, how cold I always feel and how I'm always tired...


Anyways, enough rationale, I'm doing it!


Now, I'm looking for sponsors to keep me motivated! What would be that carrot in front of the horse?

No comments: